Have you ever noticed how you can peacefully move with inner guidance until you get stressed? Stress tightens the body and seems to squeeze out that inner voice that is our compass. We forget to breathe. Our pace gets faster (or slower if fear takes over) and we feel out of sync.
This leaves room for another voice to bubble up that says things like:
- I don’t know how to do this
- I don’t know where to begin
- This is too hard
- I’m not good at this
How do you stop that voice of doubt?
This is the point at which simple tools help because just remembering you have tools is not easy when doubt has taken over.
You might want to put these steps on a sticky note someplace where you will notice them easily.
- Stop whatever you are doing
- Ground (Think of something in nature or go outside)
- If there were a color that could sync you with your inner guidance right now, what color would it be? First one that comes to mind.
- Breathe in that color.
- When you are ready, take one step, in sync with your inner guidance, that will move you forward.
The more often we recognize when we have moved into a stress mode, the faster our energy can shift. And oh how much better it feels to flow in sync with inner guidance!
Find out more about moving in the rhythm of guidance with Leslie Romine and me on The Power of Color Radio Show tomorrow (October 28th) at 3:30 Pacific/6:30 Eastern.